Saturday 26 January 2008

Second thoughts about the print skirt

I am having slight second thoughts about the green/orange/brown print I included in my SWAP plan. I showed it to my friend last night when she was round and she pulled a face when I said skirt and blouse. I have a UFO to finish first and then a pair of brown pants but the print was then going to be next.
The print is centre far left on the picture below


For the skirt I need to have below mid calf (due to chunky legs) and my two options are slightly flared with side zip or asymmetric panels. For the top/blouse I have a choice of two different wrap/mock wrap blouses. The idea was that the skirt and wrap blouse worn together would look like a wrap dress, but that they could also be worn separately.


Thoughts? I will say that my friend (although dear to me) is very conservative in her dress style, and thought me wearing a burnt orange sweater/scarf with a dark navy pant suit was adventurous. On the other hand my sometimes inappropriate love of colour and pattern has resulted in more than a few UFOs and charity shop donations.

1 comment:

Vicki said...

I like the print and the idea of a two piece outfit. I think it needs to look like a well fitted dress if worn together - after all it is not much different than all those jersey dresses that are around. So quite fitted....IMHO.

The colours are lovely!